Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

a little splash of colour

Well Himself and I have painted the shower room. Bear in mind it's a small room with three walls with white tiles and a white ceiling, so there was only half a wall, above where the sink and loo will eventually be installed, to go mad with. Yesterday I chose a muted aqua colour from B&Q. When I got up this morning I looked at it again and thought noooooo. It wasn't the impact I was looking for.

Over breakfast I studied the colour charts once more. Colour picked. Himself reluctant at first before resigning himself to my 'good taste and design skills' (tongue in cheek)

So back to B&Q with the offending pot of colour and home with the new choice. Its promptly opened and splashed on the wall. Didn't take long to cut in and fill. Whoooo, well, that certainly makes me smile. It's certainly "in your face" just what I was aiming for. I wonder what Ma will think! OK I know she won't approve, but how about the kids? Who cares. I like it and I can change it if I tire of it.

The colour.......... well, its a bright raspbery pink!


2 comments:

Pants said...

PHOTO!!! Raspberry pink! I LOVE IT!

John Vigna said...

Pink? Wait, did "Himself" have a choice in this matter of exotic colour?

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...