Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Plumber back from Poland'

It's now the middle of the afternoon and I'm spitting feathers, desperate for a cup of tea. I've even considering skipping across to the cafe in Ferry Meadows for one. Tony the Plumber switched the water off and drained the system this morning before I came back from my swim. He never thought to make sure the kettle was full so I only had enough water for a mid morning coffee.
At lunch I managed to find a lonely can of Zero Coke lurking in the depths of the fridge. After lunch I took myself off into the garden to do the first bit of gardening of the year. It's a good job it's warmish and sunny as well as dry 'cos when I'd finished and came back in I realised, no water to wash hands. It's a good job I have some hospital style cleansing gel!
This is what I have to clamber over today to reach my bedroom or the study. Tony's popped out to get some more 'bits' so I thought I'd get some more 'progress' photos!
See, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Although I think it's still a fair way off yet. As you can see the sinks progressed from the spare bed to the office floor and the loo's still on the half landing of the stairs.

I had to cope with 'Himself' throwing a hissy fit last night when we discovered, as we thought, the Electrician had installed the lights that didn't look 'in line' I must admit I was also quite mad. However this morning 'Himself' got out the tape and discovered the lights are inline, the walls not, so it causes an optical illusion.
The neighbours have disappeared on their Annual Vacation so I can't beg a cupper there. Tony's '20 minutes' seems to have been greatly extended, so Ferry meadows it is!



No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...