Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Welcome Break


Last evening after the events at home over the last four weeks we thought we deserved a evening out so we decided to go for a meal at the Cuckoo up the road but on arriving the car park was heaving. So we did an about turn to the Nene Park at the Showground only to encounter the same problem. The advertising at the Showground gave us the reason. An antiques event all weekend.
Driving and discussing where to eat we decided to give the newly reopened and refurbished Willow Restaurant at the Windmill Pub in Orton Waterville a go.
It turned out to be a good choice. We knew the food would not be the cheap and cheerful deal we had aimed for, but, what the hell......

Ohhh...my..... this place was plush. you could definitely see where the money had been spent. It use to be old oldie worldie, stone walls and oak beams sort of pub. A village pub. Now its bright contemporary and luxurious.
The black table arrangement behind in an alcove me seats 14 and is a horseshoe arrangement with the food being served from the space in the center. A baby grand piano plays soft mood music and there are five sparkling chandeliers lighting the room.
This plush red room is the Ladies loo. I'm afraid I didn't investigate the gents loos, sorry.
And the food. Well the menu was good and Dave's meal was excellent but mine was a bit disappointing. Crayfish salad sounded good but the chef was just too heavy handed with the dressing. Too much Rose Marie dressing on the crayfish and the salad was drowned in dressing instead of drizzled. I suppose I should have sent it back but you didn't realise the flood of the dressing until about a third of the way though. I couldn't eat it all and I did say why. The pud, mmmmm.... was out of this world though. White chocolate and ginger cheesecake. Sorry I was concentrating on savouring it instead of photographing it!


No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...