Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

and non-progress

....Oh dear, I spoke too soon. More delays........The Electrician chappie fell through a loft hatch this morning (not ours) and is now slightly incapacitated. Luckily no broken bones but bruised, battered and shaken. Apparently some idiot moved the ladder he was using to get into a loft. He called on his way home to rest to tell me and see what work we need doing. Seething inside I had to accept with good grace that he wasn't up to the job at the present time. He assured me he'd be here 8.30am prompt on Monday morning.
Do I believe this????
Is there much more than can go wrong with this job????
Will I ever get this shower room done????
Oh well we can take our time painting the little bit of wall that needs paint. I had a root around the garage this morning and found the special undercoat paint for new plaster so at least I don't need to buy that. Oh yes, and that's a job we shouldn't have been doing, but the team of Guys sent to do our job don't actually decorate. I definitely chose the wrong Firm to deal with.

Other things to worry over..........do I need any more? Er it's Mothers Day on Sunday and I haven't even thought about a card or pressy...... no wonder my blood pressure refuses to settle. I'm not sure how much longer I can con the Surgery Nurse into giving it more time to go down. She wants the Doc to see me to up the medication and I don't want too. I had to talk my way out of standing on the scales last time I saw her. I'm trying desperately hard not to stress eat! I got just another week to get it to settle. The way this shower room is going I don't stand a cat in h...s chance.
Oh Joy!!!!

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...