Pages

Friday, February 29, 2008

Road Rage

I've had real problems today. My yoga deep breathing relaxation exercises were called into play again to help keep a serious bout of road works rage under control today.
Road works have plagued the people in the west of the City now for two years causing headaches and long delays, A ten minute journey into the City can take up to 30 to 40 minutes.
A long stretch of the Parkway is undergoing carriage widening and bridge strengthening in both directions and Oundle Road had had the length of Woodston dug up and the exit to London Road and the River Bridge has been having improvement works that have been ongoing for the past year at least.
Yesterday I drove past the bridge works and at one point there seems to be a large hole in which a woman worker stood surrounded by seven, yes seven men all gazing into the hole. Today I came past the same hole with, you guessed it another seven men gazing into it's depths!!! These seven must have been higher up the work scale as the all were dressed with clean new looking reflective jackets and helmets. I really wondered if Bernard Cribbens was down the hole singing his song 'There I was digging this Hole'. Bizarre!


This afternoon I had an appointment on the other side of the City. I left allowing time for traffic delays or so I thought. ...........And I planned a route that should have avoided delays...............or so I thought. At the roundabout where our road meets Oundle Road I met with queueing traffic. Another hole in the road causing more long tedious unexpected delays. hence the road rage. I could have punched every one of those workers just standing leaning on a shovel but I would have ended in casualty with severly bruised fist! Carry on deep breathing.

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...