Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Back to the paint pots

I have been dabbling with my pots of paints once more since January. Prue and I have finally found a day which suits us both to get together and paint. I like her studio out in her garden but theres a minor problem. I have to lug my paints, canvases ect from my studio into the car and across to her studio. These last couple of weeks I've been kinda lazy and have only taken watercolours and a pad. I need to get focused and organised.

This water colour painting of figs and apple was started in Canada. They were my Granville Island figs. I had to eat them before the painting was finished. They were so ripe sweet and tasty. I thought I didn't like fresh figs! Anyway I managed to finish the painting last week at our painting get together.
At home I've been working on two textured red acrylic abstracts on canvas. I've been experimenting with some texture medium I bought from Opus on Granville Island in Vancouver. It's lovely and gloopy to work with. I'm not really sure what I'm doing but I'm haveing fun with it. I've also used some gold leaf I bought from Opus two years ago. It's a little tricky using it with no previous experience But I got the effect I was trying for. I've got to a stage now where I need to leave both alone for a while. I find after a space of time I can decide if they are finished or wether they need more work.

Yesterday my internet mail intray contained an email from the Peterborough Artists Open Studios organisers with this years details. It's going to be held earlier this year in July instead of September. Help I need to pull my finger out to get some new work completed. I can't show past work again. Well not all of it! Deadlines for entries are 29th February for the Web site and 29th March for the brochure. Not much time to complete a new peices of work good enough for both entries.

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...