Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Where did that week go?

Well, yet another week has past since the last blog. I swear these weeks get shorter! The kitchen goodies continue to arrive, to be stored in the conservatory. Wednesday night saw us speeding down the A1 towards Milton Keyens. Ikea had actually got the oven I needed, back in store and with new specifications. You wouldn't believe how much I managed to spend in just one hour. Oh well it's all in a good cause! Hopefully. So, next Saturday the new cookers, yes thats right, two, an oven and a combination microwave, the extractor hood, the induction hob and the dishwasher arrive. I'm not sure where we will put them as the space in the conservatory is already reduced to standing room only. I'm now beginning to sort through the kitchen cupboards to reduce the rubbish in them and find alternate storage for things ready for the big rip out next week end. The washing machine is being moved and re plumbed in its new space today. I have a week to decide whether on not to buy a sparkling new sink or keep the sad old one and I need to research a new waste disposal. How many electrical sockets do we need? Can't decide on splash backs. Do we tile or paint walls? What colour do I paint the walls? With white units and a nearly black work tops I think cerise pink might add a brilliant splash of colour. OK only kidding. Oh help. It's all decisions! The bathroom well, what can I say........... After a lengthy session at a City plumbing firm I came away with my design trashed once more and an estimate for a new design. It involves much more work and a little rebuilding. Once home I began to have doubts. Himself certainly did. So, we trashed the designers designs and went back to my designs with a little refinement. Back to the Bathroom firm to get revise estimates and then on to another firm to see how their estimated would come out. Of course the new firm tried to change my plans but I held firm. Undoubtedly sometime in the next decade we will need to think seriously about moving to a bungalow so if people buying our house want a bath it can be changed back easily with my design. With all these discussions and setbacks the bathroom will probably now have to wait a little while before we can get started. Not too long as Micks already been in and ripped the wallpaper off.

2 comments:

Pants said...

I recognize that paperweight!

How exciting to choose a paint colour. What about warm sagey green in a medium tone? Something to transition into the lush back yard? You could also go with one of the celery yellows -- they're quite popular now, like a neutral, but with more punch. The kitchen is one place you don't need to be scared of splashing some colour -- it's high energy room. (just remember, red stimulates appetite!)

love,
n

Monica said...

Mmmmm......... do you think my appetite needs stimulating. I thought it needed drastically curbing!!!

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...