Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

The Make Over Begins in Ernest


Today begins extremely noisily as D starts drilling to get a hole through the metal girder for the extraction fan. I haven't had a good start to today so I retire to my bed with ear plugs firmly inserted in my ears. A couple of hours later the drilling over and I'm feeling much better as well. J hasn't arrived yet as he's helping a mate for a couple of hours so D gets on with installing the hob. It's an induction hob, quite common in Europe but haven't yet become as popular in Britain. It's much more economical and it's fast. Faster than a gas hob to cook with. I now need to invest in some new saucepans to cook on it with.



When J arrives he hangs all the doors and boxes in the pipes in the corner. Slowly the new kitchen is emerging. D needs to go home tonight and sets of for the long trip home to Yorkshire. He has commitments over this Bank Holiday weekend so he won't be back to finish up until Tuesday. So its a long weekend camping for us I hope the calor gas bottle lasts out!

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...