Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chaos Rules Today

There's chaos and disorder every where today the house is in such a mess. Dust has seeped everywhere. Cardboard plastic and polystyrene is threatening to take over. Some serious organisation has to take place. Enter Handyman D when he came home from work. He collected it sorted it and packed it ready for collection tomorrow. Today the cabinets have all been secured in their places. Draws and shelves are positioned. The blue colour is just the protective covering plastic.
The ovens were manhandled, with some difficulty, into their cabinets. Oh dear, I've a problem though, I think I've made a serious mistake with their position. I really thought I had reasoned out in my mind where I wanted them and what was best for me but now they're in I discovered a flaw in my thinking. Now I've a dilemma, do I confess and ask for them to be moved around or do I live with it? I think I'd better sleep on that problem and look afresh tomorrow!
D and J also discovered that despite my careful measuring and calculations I have made a error with one calculation. A cabinet that was supposed to be positioned over the fridge won't fit. Panic. Suggestions flew around but D finalled solved the problem. J and D set to and reduced the width of the cupboard to half. Fits a treat now.
The cooker hoods causing a problem as D's hit the metal lintel in the wall. He has to solve that tomorrow. There's still lots to do and one more day as D has to go home to Yorkshire tomorrow.

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...