Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bank Holiday Sun

Day two of the Bank Holiday weekend and its been another day of non stop sunshine, clear blue skies and warm weather. It's nice to sit in the warm sunshine and not be chilled by cold winds.
Yesterday I had no energy and a mild headache all day. Consequently I didn't achieve much at all. D did all the niggling jobs about the garden like cutting and edging the the lawn. Its now looking neat and tidy once more.
The roses are doing well this year. This one will soon be in flower. The few marauding greenfly are being nipped in the bud so to speak. The 'Breath of Life' Rose in the front garden isn't doing as well health wise but has a beautiful peach coloured flower in full bloom.

I read and snoozed for most of the day. Except during the afternoon when No 1 son and D in law with No 1 Grandson and his daughter No1 great grand daughter arrived. No 2 grand son arrived on his bike. Poor lad there's no room in the car for him!
Just felt too tired to bother to go out for a meal so I quickly wiped up a stir fry of chicken rice and vegetables. One cooking pot and two plates easy!

Sunday I woke feeling much more refreshed and energetic. We've tackled a few jobs in the kitchen that needed sorting before D comes back on Tuesday. Hopefully the kitchen should be practically completed and back in use by next weekend.

The few strawberry plants I have in the garden are really doing well this year. They are looking very healthy and are in prolific flower mode. Maybe we'll have a few crops from them this year instead of just eating them as they ripen. Can't wait for the fruit season to begin. I found a recipe for Bumbleberry jam today. What an intriguing name! I hope I remember to keep the recipe so I can make some when the berries are in full swing.

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...