Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

I Wonder if Summer has Arrived

I've had a big attack of Blog Block recently. Either too busy or too tired or just couldn't be bothered. I'm fully recovered from my little hospital jaunt. Although it left me feeling extremely tired for some time after, plus I went down with a cold a week after my escape. No sign of the appointment for the further test they said I needed. I've been quietly hoping someone has forgotten to refere me for the appointment but I'm being nagged and bullied to remind someone to do it. I was supposed to go back to the Doc and tell him if the appointment didn't come through. Oh come on now, do I really have to go through a traumatic test to tell me I'm AOK!

It's Sunday and a beautiful warm sunny day. With glorious blue skies. We really should be somewhere like the sea side! But the Chinese Grand Prix kept us here this morning. I was having a rare unaccustomed sleep in when the other half suddenly scrambled out of bed, very early for him on a weekend. Awake and bleary eyed I staggered down stairs to get a cup of coffee to find him hogging the sofa watching the safety car chugging around the Chinese race track in the pouring rain. Oh deep joy!

I retired to my studio to do some more research. I never had any idea how much time planning a renovation for a small kitchen and even smaller bathroom would take up. I've umpteen lists that keep being revised. Hugh stacks of books and brochures and I've eye strain from reading stuff on the Internet. Simple, this aint. I dont think I'll go in for house renovations that the Tv programs make it all look simple

I've now bought the kitchen and its being delivered next Friday. I've now got the new flooring for the kitchen. I've sourced a hob and dishwasher. The cooker and microwave that will be built in are giving me a headache. I have to make sure the have the features I want but will fit in the cabinet I've bought.


The bathrooms given me even greater grief trying to find a shower cabinet big enough for me to shower comfortably that will fit into the small space I have. Then the basin and loo need to fit in the remaining space. I still need to find suitable flooring a radiator and storage cabinet.

All this needs to come within my slender budget. So expensive tastes and up to the minute technical products have to be carefully scrutinised to make sure they are really necessary. All these problems have to be resolved by mid May when Brother in Law Derek is coming down from Yorkshire to fit it all.

I managed a little time in the glorious sunshine today but only to go round the garden digging out the weeds that seem to pop up each time I turn around. It all needs a good sorting out. Seedlings and weedlings are popping up every where especially where they are not wanted. It got a little too hot this afternoon but after the cold long winter I wouldn't dare dream of complaining!

So now its time to have some tea before the first episode of the new series of 'Last of the Summer Wine ' comes on the Telly. Its the longest running sitcom on the TV. I loved it since it first appeared
. OK See you.

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...