Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Foggy Start

Fog is a cloud bank that is in contact with the ground. A Cloud may be considered partly fog; for example the part of a cloud that is suspended in the air above the ground is not considered fog, whereas the part of the cloud that comes in contact with the higher ground is considered fog. Fog is distinguished from mist only by its density, as expressed in the resulting decrease in visibility.
-wikipedia.

Misty mornings in spring are fairly usual. But peasoup fogs are not the norm on these spring mornings. Autumn yes, but not Spring. This morning was very still and foggy. Driving into the city this morning was eerie to say the least. Not a breath of wind rustled the branches of the trees. The stillness of emerging leaves shrouded in the grey blanketing fog in the trees above was a stark contrast to the queueing traffic trying to get into the city center. Was I mad? I had on a tee shirt a cardian and open toe sandals. The car told me the outside temperture was a measly 5.5 degrees. Just a few months ago I would be snuggled up in a warm winter snow coat in such a temperature.

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...