Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

We're still in Summer Mode

We've had another glorious day here in the Fens. Warm sun and blue skies all the day. Looking out my office window right now the sun has just set and the orange purple remains of the sunset on the horizon shines through the branches of the hornbeam's at the end of the garden. Their leaf buds almost open are silhouetted against the darkening sky.

The spell of warm weather has brought on the spring flowers and the pink Bleeding Hearts and the bright yellow Crown Imperial look particularly lovely. Unusually my front garden looks a mess at present.
No 1 Grandson dug a very large spiky phormium tenax out for me a couple of weeks ago and I haven't had the time to replant yet. It's a very dry and sunny patch so I think more lavenders and grasses are going in to replace the spiky monster.

I have a new order for a wedding cake again this year. I've plenty of time to sort it as its for a November wedding. Not a bad time of the year to wed. But I'm biased as ours is in November. This cake involves some bead work to be incorporated in the decoration design. My little Wedding Cake business seems to have naturally dwindled to about one a year. I must admit I'm not too unhappy about that. I'm now much less inclined to want to sit for hours making fiddly sugar flowers and the fingers are less dexterous nowadays.

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...