Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Another Busy Week

The week since the morning of the peasoup fog has been clear, sunny and warm all the way. Summer clothes have eventually been dragged from the depth of the wardrobe. All the spring flowers are emerging in the garden. Daisy is taking herself out each morning and eating every leaf and grape put out for her and any thing else tasty she can find on her travel through the garden. At the rate she is devouring food this year she'll be another kilo by the time hibernation comes round again.

The renovation preparations continue. The kitchen has arrived. All flat packed and stacked in my conservatory, which is now out of action. The dishwasher and induction hob has been ordered. Tomorrow I will go and order the new shower room. After pouring over glossy catalogues all week I've managed to narrow down the contending products. I know the budget will be broken and possibly doubled on this. I still can't believe after all these years of saying we need a new kitchen and bathroom that it's actually happening. Although when it is happening I'll probably be wishing it wasn't. The logistic of being without a kitchen for some days is daunting to say the least. I hope the weathers good enough for barbecues!

Yesterday was an extremely busy day. First I dashed out to do some much needed grocery shopping and get food for a certain persons birthday bash. With the kids and their families expected I need a spread. Late morning we drove to Downtown at Grantham to look at ovens, lighting and bathroom related things. Disappointed we drove home empty handed. Nothing caught our eye. Once home I quickly prepared the food for the big man's birthday party.
I'm usually the family cake maker but yesterday Beccky made a stunningly yummy chocolate cake for her Grandad. It really was moreish. Chocolate heaven!

Miss G rescued Daisy from the garden where she and Little Caity-Rae were chasing round the fish pond like a pair of demented hounds. Ouch can't children squeal when they're having fun!
Ok, so who can do the best handstands and cartwheels? Very graceful. But I'm doing my best and I'm only two and a half and she's got a few years on me.


Cousins, uncles and a niece take a rest before getting their second wind.

Every one else is camera shy so that's your lot .

Sunday, a day of a much needed rest and sitting in the sun!!!! Well after the morning watching the London marathon followed by the Bahrain Grand Prix. Another win for Jenson Button. Three wins out of four races not bad. Lewis Hamilton managed a respectably fourth. It must be a disappointing season for him this year though after all his wins last year. A straight forward race this time not a rain drop or safety car in sight.

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...