Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Out to Lunch

Because I didn't see my Mum on Mothers Day last Sunday I decided to drive over to Bourne to pick her up and take her out to lunch. My sister usually has some free time on a Wednesday but this week her firm decided to call a lunch time meeting so she couldn't come with us.
I gave Mum several options of lunch venues to pick from. All nice Gastro Pubs or restaurants but she decided she would like to go to Waterside Garden center for lunch. I'm not sure why she chose it as she doesn't like gardening and there was a good bet she would have to trail round after me as I do!
Lunch was OK. Cheep and cheerful. Not really what I had in mind but she seemed to enjoy it. I rather fancied Fatellies a really good Italian restaurant not long opened in Bourne.
After lunch we had a wander around the plants...........................


and the pots.............................
the extensive garden statuary.............................not forgetting the seeds...........................
Every time I go to Waterside it gets larger. They have quite allot of new 'posh indoors and conservatory stuff' now. Furniture, pictures and nik naks etc. (or posh tat as I like to call it) There's also a new building going up. Goodness knows what else they can sell.
Well, I didn't drag Mum all over the place and despite having great difficulty going in any Garden Center and not buying plants, I only bought a pair of gardening gloves. Mine finally gave up the ghost last Saturday.

Oh and the Councils finally got around to fencing her in!!!

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...