Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

Is it really the First Day of Spring???

It's the first day of Spring today and does it feel spring like .......does it heck! It's freezing out there. OK, so the suns shining, well, in between short sharp rain showers it is........... but, the winds a blustery, ear biting, north westerly. Not a day for a spring walk in the park, unless your a fan of rosy cheeks and frost bitten fingers.
My little peach tree is absolutely smothered in these gorgeous pink blossoms this year. I've had to wrap it in a layer of garden fleece to attempt to protect it from this weekends predicted bad frosts and snowy weather. I do hope some of the blossoms manage to fertilise and survive. The peaches from this tree are so sweet and juicy albeit quite small. It's planted in a sheltered part of the garden and on a south facing wall, so fingers crossed.









Its also Easter Good Friday, a day for lovely fruity spicy hot cross buns. I know ........... they'll give me the most awful indigestion, but they do taste so good especially sandwiched with a thick layer of naughty but nice English butter. Better break out the Zantac!

Easter hasn't been this early since 1913 and wont be again until somewhere about 2200. Another piece of usless information I thought you'd like!

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...