Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Another day another Lunch

I'm well and truly stuffed this afternoon. I'm just back from lunching with my ex work colleagues. We go out every 8 weeks, usually to a different Pub each time. Today wasn't though. We went to the Peterborough Collage Restaurant called Parc's. It's a training restaurant for the student, so they do all the menu planning cooking serving etc. It's a three course menu and includes tea or coffee at lunch times with a set price of £7.50. Not bad for a choice of three starters, five main courses and a selection of desserts. You take 'pot luck' with the standard of the food and service depending on how long the students have been in their particular rotation. We've usually found it all good value for money each time we've lunched there.

On the knitting front I just about finished the little jacket for Joshua. I need to find some buttons suitable for it now. I had to do some research to master the art of 'grafting ' two pieces of knitting together and making 'icords'. The icords were easy but the grafting took a bit of concentrating and a few curse words before I cracked it. I'll leave the Photos until I've found the appropriate buttons. I need to pull my finger out though, his Christening's this Sunday.

I'm using some of the Treking XXL stash now to knit more socks. The wool shop in Oundle has now got a good stock of this yarn in.


Some strange Knitting News


.......and this is really strange, .............well it does come from America. Apparently knitters in Columbus Indiana are decorating their trees in their town by giving them knitted cosies!


The article from The Independent newspaper by David Usbourne thinks maybe there's not enough babies being born! Maybe he's right. Well as my Dad always said 'There's nowt so queer as folk' In this instant I concur!

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...