Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

A bit of Shopping

OK so its raining again and Easter is heading for a white out with snow predicted. Oh Joy! As the next few day look as if curling up by a log fire with a good book looks as if it should be the sensible thing to do I suggested a trip out to the shopping outlets at Gonerby Moor near Grantham. Himself thought it was a good idea so off we went.


The A1 wasn't too busy and the drive north didn't take long. We arrived just about the right time for a spot of lunch before the cafe got full with the 'grey trippers'.
Himself must have thought it was cold today as here he's modeling his Rockie Mountain jacket!
We did the usual rounds of the store. The books the plasma TV, the sofa's and chairs all stuff we need to replace. I did splash out on a couple of new fluffy bath towels, two new Denby coffee mugs and a magnifying mirror for the bathroom.
We lingered over the Canadian brochures in the travel Shop!...................
......................and laughed at the outrageous wellies and the pink stetson. I'm seriously thinking about applying for an allotment. I wonder if the pink wellies would be the correct footwear for an allotment? OK maybe not.









Our niger feeder in the garden has attracted some new birds into the garden and this morning besides the Gold finches that have been arriving we had a couple of pairs of Serins. I haven't seen any for several years now. So lingering over the bird feeding department in the Garden center we decided on a second niger feeder. So far the squirrel hasn't attacked this feeder! It's demolished several peanut and sunflower seed feeders. We've needed to resort to more expensive Squirrel proof metal ones.
It was much too cold and miserable to wander around the plant section outside. Shame. Well at least I didn't get suckered into buying lots of plant like I usually do...............
The craft section seems to get larger each time so I had a wander around this area while Dave browsed the tools. I must remember to have another trip here in November before I begin making the Christmas cards for this year.
So, quite a pleasant trip out and I suspect the only one we'll have this Easter! Maybe I'll get some painting done. A blank canvas sits on my easel waiting for inspiration!

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...