Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Home to Blighty

Saturday September 3rd

It's September already and we're back from our extended Adventures  in Canada. Where did the time go to. We've done so much in the last three month and it seems to have gone by in a flash. Friends here at home thought the Canadian blog was more a foodie blog. I don't see how it could be as there was accounts of all the other adventures we went on. Eating out and socializing, especially in the Chinese community, is such an integral part of the Canadian way of life that writing about it seemed just part of the overall picture of what we did.  Anyway eating out will not be playing a large part of our life anymore for a while!

The Pacific ocean seemed to feature greatly in this Adventure. A cruise to Alaska, as far North to the Great Hubbard glacier, just 400 miles from the Arctic Circle and back through the Inner Passage of the Pacific coastal Islands. Two trips out on small fast moving Whale Watching boats into the Straits of Georgia and around the Islands. A ferry over to Vancouver Island to Victoria and back. A yachting experience on Steve Galloway's 30ft yacht called Bellefonte and finally a Harbour tour on a Paddle Steamer around the Coal Harbour and Burrard inlet. 

We've already been home a week. My first job was to get the car taxed  and then order groceries online. I got a delivery slot on Saturday evening and we managed on Jason's meager stores until then.  Unpacking and finding homes for the new cloths took a while. Our storage capacity has been reduced since Jason has been home. A ruthless cull of old clothes  before we went on our adventures  still didn't improve our space issue. We finally managed to squeeze it all in and stash the cases back in the attic. 

I haven't managed to do much since I've been home. It's taken me all week to sort out my swollen feet and ankles. Resting helped the knee and back problem and I finally managed to get the allergy rash almost clear. The medication I needed ensured I rested as well! Hopefully I will get back to a morning swim soon. I've missed all the local Lido season. It closes tomorrow until next May. 

 The internet has also been giving me grief all week. Poor coverage over the house and intermittent download speeds  drove me up the wall trying to do anything online. I've finally decided this service has to go. Talk Talk I've decided is just rubbish.  I'm going back to BT hoping to use their new Infinity service. Today the only way I have been able to write blogs today was to bring the laptop downstairs and connect it to the router box with an Ethernet cable.

Our garden looks as if it's been a picture over the summer. Shame, as it now looks sad and overgrown. Jason's not a gardened by his own admission! 'Himself' spent a couple of day sorting it out and bringing it back to a reasonable state. It still will need allot of cutting back before winter sets in.

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...