Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tin Bath Night

A bath in front of a living room fire on a Friday night.

A tradition from my childhood long long ago

The galvanised tin bath carried in to the living room brought in to use from its hanging place of a nail on the wall outside or in the coal house. A Friday night tradition in many households in the early 1900's. The tub was filled with hot water, bucketed in from the copper in the kitchen. A strict protocol followed. Kids in first then Mum followed by Father. The simple addition of more boiling water to prolong the ecstasy.
Or Not!!!

................Oh and just one bath a week I'm afraid!

So dear Canadian friends I'm still having a super posh shower in my fabulous new bathroom.

I could get you one of these though!!!!!


1 comment:

Pants said...

Ha, ha! I think I'll stick with the luxury shower!

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...