Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

and followed by Bathrooms

Well folks after three weeks researching kitchens and trawling through catalogues and showrooms. Having designers trying to persuade me to have units and configurations I don't want, we've eventually finalised our plans for my dream kitchen. Well almost. As far as the budget will allow. Maybe a little fine tuning may be required when we go to Yorkshire at the end of the month to visit our Kitchen fitter aka Dave's brother.
Anyway we've now turned our attention to the fabulous once stylish 80's Pampas green bathroom. We've decided. It has to go too. The bath is definitely due to be pensioned off. Although in 21 years it's hardly been uses as a bath it's surface is horribly crazed. Neither of us care for baths. Give me a nice refreshing shower any day. So it's to be a walk in shower for us. Bliss. No more climbing into the bath for a shower.

The bathroom catalogues are so much more swish and stylish than their kitchen counterparts. Well the ones we've acquired so far are. We only managed to get to two showrooms on Sunday and we came home with an armful of books to peruse.

.........and I saw the most stylishly clever designer sink tap ever. I really really want it. But can I justify £600 on one tap.......... mmmmmm maybe not. Well not unless our numbers come up on Lotto!

Dave really fancies a steam shower pod. They are mega money though. And we would have to have structural work done to our tiny bathroom to accommodate it. I source the smallest one that would go into our minuscule room, on sale, at a mere £1100. It was reduced from £2000 though.

Luckily by the next day he came to the conclusion the cost couldn't really be justified. The problem with the bathroom It's so tiny and I've no clear idea about how I would like it to look. With the kitchen I knew exactly how I wanted it to be. I think we've a few more weekends of bathroom showrooms looming!

I do know I don't want any tiled walls. All that grouting to get grubby. Ugggh! It has to be special wall panells for bathrooms. Cuts down on decorating too.

1 comment:

Pants said...

No BATH!!! How will I survive when we come and stay? Maybe Uncle Dave could warm up the fish pond for me!

I'll bet he's enjoying collecting all those pamphlets!

love,
pants

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...