Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Kitchens

I really can't believe its March already. At least the snows gone. I've had a bucket full of that for this winter, first in Canada, then more on coming home. The early spring weather of this week is fading fast, hopefully not to more snow. The sunshine this afternoon made me feel an onset of gardening fever but a wander around the garden soon cured it. Definitely still too cold!



The talking over. A decisions been made and now it's beginning to happen. It time for some radical spring cleaning........... for a kitchen makeover.


The last three Saturdays have been spent trawling kitchen showrooms. First to get ideas them to refine them. I've measured and remeasured up the walls, drawn up a scale plan ready for the ideas.
I'm surrounded with kitchen catalogues and books. Trying to work out how to do stunning on a budget.
I've made my self a mood board and a wish list.............
I need enough cupboard space to accommodate all I have in the kitchen already but one that gives me a better layout.
I don't want cupboards that I cant get too.
I want an oven I don't have to double over to look into.
I don't want tiled, walls smooth splash backs are much better looking and easier to clean. No grouting to get grubby either.
I want an induction hob, far more efficient and safer.
A bamboo floor, hard wearing and wood from sustainable sources.
So I've researched and refined my plans and I know how I want my kitchen to look before the kitchen designers arrive to tell me how they think it should look. If they don't take my ideas and designs on board they're out! I've worked in this kitchen for the last 20 years thinking about how I'd really like it to work and I know what I want.
So now.......... how to get it on a budget!

So now its all down to which firm can do what I want at a price I like. The last estimate came in today.
Watch this space................................................

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...