Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Nativity versus P.C.

The Hoity Toity Angel.

Last Thursday, a cold morning with thick freezing fog saw me driving with No. 3 son to a small village near Bourne in Lincolnshire. It was the time of the year when the infant and juniors put on their nativity plays for their proud Parents and Grandparents. Youngest Grand Daughter was an angel once more in her schools little pageant. They were putting on 'The Hoity Toity Angel. Although she occasionally qualifies for that title she was a good angel in the play. (Actually the tallest one) Miss Hoity Toity Angel was the shortest one in a gold dress.

No 3 son is proud of his daughter and has her to stay with him during the weekends as often as he can. I do the ferrying about as No 2 & 3 son never wanted to learn to drive.





I know this is a badly shot little film but I did my best with my little Ixus Many other parents were doing the same. The parents were asked if anyone objected but none did. Some schools ban photography Im not sure what lies behind their thinking. More woolly thinking PC ideas!


Infant and Junior schools all over the country have been putting on Nativity Plays at the end of the Autumn term for several decades now. They are in danger now from Politically Correct ideas that have been causing a furore in the past few years in schools and else. Who do these as woolly minded thinkers believe they're acting for. They insult everyone by trying not to offend other religions. I don't profess to be a Christian but the Nativity play is part of this Country's religious tradition and as such shouldn't be meddled with.

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...