Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Jet lag is beginning to subside and I've not been quite so tired today. Got to get back into the thick of it tomorrow so I must set my alarm clock tonight as my bio clocks still not quite on British time yet!

We had the roofers in today so hopefully no more rain leaks now in our bedroom. Apparently there's a probability it had been leaking for a long time and maybe even since the house was built as the leak was due to some shoddy building. The felt on the roof where the window apex joins the roof was not wide enough. Or something like that!

We've been out furniture hunting today as we both need new comfortable chairs and a renovation in the lounge. I can't tell you how many chairs we tried out, but we eventually made a preliminary decision. The purchase will be delayed until I have the kitchen renovation well in hand. I think project managing that will be quite a challenge. The 'other half 'has fancy ideas and we only have a limited budget. Should be fun though. Mmmm........... or will it!
Haven't had the camera out today but was looking through the album. Thought you might like this one from ..............oh so long ago...............too long. But maybe I wasn't such a bad looking bird then. What was that about age and withering.........


Oh and I found this piece in the International News...............................


+Seven diners in northern Japan fell ill after eating blowfish testicles prepared in a restaurant not authorised to serve the poisonous delicacy.

The owner of the restaurant in Tsuruoka city, who is also the chef, had no license to serve blowfish and was being questioned on suspicion of professional negligence, police official Yoshihito Iwase said.

Blowfish, while extremely poisonous if not prepared properly, is considered a delicacy in Japan and is consumed by thrill-seeking gourmets.

I cant say I liked sushi when I tried it................... I like the idea even less now, Ive eaten Sharks fin, birds nest soup squid, Chickens feet, and all sorts of other dubious food considered delicacy but ............Poisonous blowfish testicles Uggg.. No way man!

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...