Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Cold Lazy Saturday

I had a much better sleep last night and have felt more refreshed today. I think I'm finally beating the jet lag at last. I haven't ventured out today though except for a brief dash out into the garden, It's dry sunny and very cold outside with a harsh Artic wind. The sunrise this morning from my bedroom window was a n unbelievable brilliant red, not a good omen though if you believe the 'Old Wives Tales'
We're told to expect snow next week by the Met men. Since we had so much snow while we were in Canada I fully expect we'll have more dumped on us again. The early spring flowers below are defying the cold weather. They certainly cheer me up when I look out into the rather bleak garden. Well the flowers and the birds. The little robins been foraging for food around the garden. I see little flashes of his orange/red breast darting in and out of the bushes and I hear his loud, solo song during the night on my trek to the bathroom.

My lovely double snowdrops and wild self seeded primroses.
I decided today I should sort out my yarn stash. Pants (Nancylee) had packed it in a vacuum bag to make the pile smaller in my luggage.I tipped it all out onto the spare bed and added the stash I'd already accumulated. What a pile! It took a while to sort and packed it into ziplock bags to protect it. Now I need to make room for it in my office as it takes up three draws in the guest room. We've had a log fire today to insulate us from the creeping cold and save on gas of course. The resident 'log splitter' braved the chilly weather this afternoon and split another pile of logs ready to burn. You can't beat a log fire for warmth and ambience. Just a pity about the mess it can make.


Nearly Canadian Dave, the wood cutter!

1 comment:

John Vigna said...

This is a great picture of Dave!

Are you guys surviving the dump of snow you got? Hope you are both well.

John

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...