Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Preparing for the Festive Season Part 2

As we are jetting off to spend Christmas in Canada this year my thought are whizzing around my head making virtual 'to do' lists. The family Christmas presents need to be thought about bought and wrapped early. None of the previous years last minute gift wrapping late on Christmas eve!
This week I turned my attention to Christmas cards. Over the last few years I made my own. Not from penny pinching but from the sheer enjoyment and relaxation of creating them. I originally thought that this year I would just go out and buy them but, rooting about in my art cupboard I dragged out the card making materials and started messing about with ideas. Soon the cards started to stack up once more.


They get easier, quicker and maybe a little more professional to create year. It's really an absorbing relaxing pastime. Very satisfactory. Even addressing the envelopes, something I've always hated doing is easier now days with my list of addresses all computerised I just press a few keys and the envelopes spews out, all addressed and ready to send.


No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...