Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

Rain Rain Rain

It's rained almost nonstop all day now. I really hope we're not going to have a repeat of last summer. I remember early on last year we were being told via the 'rags' that we would have a scorching summer. It turned out dismal and wet. I read in the paper yesterday that a scorching summer was predicted once more. Oh well, we'll see. We could do with last weeks hot weather repeated in this coming week though. The Lido opens for the summer season next Saturday. It's only a week for it to warm up now as it's only just been refilled after it's annual clean out and repaint. It's temperature today was just a shivering 14 degrees. Too cold yet for me to swim in! I'm not that brave. I was driving into the city center this afternoon to pick up 'Himself' from work. It was raining heavily the visibility was not good and some of the street lights were on. It's amazing how many motorists ignore the law that you need to drive with headlight on when it's raining. I counted seven taxi cabs without lights. You'd think those drivers would know the law! Two other taxi's, minus their drivers, were parked with most of the cabs on the pavement and one was over three quarters onto the path with its nearside wheels on the double yellow lines. There would not have been enough room for a wheel chair or a Mum with a buggy to pass. Don't they know this is illegal as well and they could get a £500 instant fine! Oh well that's my 'grumpy old woman' moaning done for the day! But.......... taxi's have bugged me ever since my stolen purse and documents were recovered by the police in a taxi cab glove compartment. That and the way they cut you up in traffic! Just as well I have a bus pass now!

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...