Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2008

It's all Doom & Gloom!

It's not been a good week.
Last weekend I had to fight with the computer resisting my efforts to go wireless. After two long session on Saturday and Sunday with tech support guys at AOL I finally managed to get my computer and the laptop to go wireless with a secure network.
The central heating boiler has died on us. No heating, no hot water. We'll just have to use the immersion heater and extra sweaters! until the end of the month.
Things started to go pear shaped again on Monday. First I arrived at the swimming pool with no costume to swim in so instead of rushing back home I had to buy a new one from reception. Oh well a back up suits no bad thing.
After lunch we decided to go over to Spalding cemetery as it would have been Ma in Laws birthday. I picked flowers from the garden for the stone as I always do and collected together cloths and scrubber to give the stone a clean after winter. The memorial stone for Ted and Grace sits under a row of majestic horse chestnut trees that are in full bloom at present. The winter and spring had not been kind to the stone this year and it took us both a good half an hour to get it as clean as we could manage. I was glad of the heavy duty rubber gloves I threw into the cleaning bag at the last minute. The roosting pigeon are not fussy where they Poo!!! It looked quite presentable once more by the time we has finished and the pretty selection of spring flowers from the garden looked really cheerful. She would have approved of the flowers but I'm sure our cleaning efforts would have come in with some comments.
Then, to our dismay we discovered the butchers we like to buy our best ever Lincolnshire sausages from is shut on Mondays.
Tuesday, started reasonably well until lunch time when I began to sneeze. By mid afternoon I had a rip roaring summer head cold. My computers showing signs of sickness as well!
Wednesday, I'm dying and live through a haze of soggy tissues and paracetamol. I missed my nail appointment. Me and the computer are getting worse. Dave had to arrange to get the car an MOT I'm to ill to bother. I really need the central heating on the weathers much colder too.
Thursday I have to miss the last session of my Life Drawing class. I thought it wouldn't have been fair to inflict my virus on a nude model. I real shame though as I was enjoying the classes and getting back into drawing again. By the evening, I think I might just survive. The computers a real pain though. It's the graphics card once again.
Friday I'm beginning to feel better. I've had to cancel my Physio appointment, Sean's mechanic friend arrived early to fetch the car for its MOT. We cross our fingers. Crossed fingers wasn't enough. It's failed big time this year. The cars got corrosion cancer and needs major surgery with a welding torch. It's bank holiday weekend and Gary the mechanic is away with his family for a whole week. Oh dear how can he be so inconsiderate!!!!! No car for a week or more.
Saturday I'm feeling much better. Computers still sick and the picture keeps breaking up. We take the car out for a last run before the MOT actually runs out. We look at several car show room for a replacement before heading off to Spalding for our order of lincolnshire sausages.
A trip to Springfields to find some replacement sandals for me is unsuccessful. There's a surprise!
On a brighter note the clematis by our back door is looking wonderful. I love that rich colour of the big blousey flowers. My runner beans are beginning to poke through. We spent some time getting the bed and support poles ready for then. Then the fight with the slugs and snails begins. We've not got so many frogs now days. The snakes either eaten then or scared them away.

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...