Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Peterborough Artists Open Studios

This year, 2008, the Peterborough Artists Open Studios event is in July once more. I'm exhibiting at this event again this year at my friend Prue's studio in Artherstone Avenue.
DATES
28th - 29th June Meet the Artist Central Park
5th - 6th July Open Studios Weekend 1
12th - 13th July Open Studios Weekend 2
19th -20th July Open Studios Weekend 3

I bought this plump sweet juicy fig from the Market in Granville Island Vancouver. I had to eat the fig before the painting was finished!!! just too tempting..............
Although this painting is on the PAOS website the painting now belongs to 'Pants' in Canada! I'd like to do another 'fig' painting but I can't find figs here that big and plump.

1 comment:

JuliaB said...

Oooh! I love figs, they are my favourite!
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your wonderful comment. I am so glad that sugar craft is still taught in the traditional way, but not surprised that it's not that popular! Not for the fainthearted indeed. Still oneday, I might have a go. I have "asbestos fingers" seem to be able to withstand more heat than most people and I put it down to those sugar pulling genes. My mother has the fingers too - and would you beleive it, her name is Monica/Monique depending on the mood of her mother or which country she's in!!

Nice to meet you, I will pop back for regular visits now!

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...