Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

A Lush Time

Its been so nice this week , warm and sunny. We've had breakfast alfresco all week for the first time this year. The Lido's been a positive pleasure to swim in and this morning we all swam a little later than usual and after had a Pool side picnic lunch again. I've even taken to riding up town with 'Himself' and coming home on the bus. Might as well make use of the bus pass before the Government decide it's a perk too many. The Seniors free swimming is to go in August due to Government budget cuts so I'll have to start paying for membership again.
My summer tan's slowly developing just through swimming and pottering in the garden. The gardens looking especially lush and colourful at the moment.

The flowers have grown so well this year it's hard to spot the weeds sneaking through but I'm sure they're there. Daisy's doing her best to wreck some areas though. I now have plants that she doesn't care to munch through so she squashes them instead!

The strawberries have cropped heavily this year and I've managed to pick several bowls full before the birds or slugs have got to them. The beans and tomatoes are shooting upwards but it'll be a little while yet before they crop. The peach tree was covered with a mass of blossom in the spring and I'd never seen so many peaches on the little tree. Sadly though something seems to be munching away through the skin of nearly everyone. I'm not sure whats doing it yet but I suspect it may be ants. The grape vine is looking so healthy and is loaded as well with bunches of developing grapes so I'm hoping for a bumper crop this autumn. That is if the wasps don't devour them like last year.

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...