Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

New knits

Well, I'm still knitting!
This lacy slanted scarf was finished the other week. It's knitted in Alpaca 'Drops' wool . I think it's an America yarn. Anyway I bought it in Vancouver. The pattern was easy but took a while for my brain to remember the sequence so I didn't have to refere to the pattern every row. I just need to 'block' it now and as I've never 'blocked' a garment before I keep putting it off.
This is a close up of the lace pattern. As the scarf grows the slant becomes more evident. Quite clever really. The wool colour is actually far more green than the photo shows.I have another ball of Alpaca that I started to knit a pair of lacy fingerless mitterns with. I'm afraid after pulling it down several times when I went wrong with the pattern I had to put it away for a while and started these maroon red cabled mittens. This is Debbie Bliss wool bought in John Lewis sale. It's quite an easy pattern once I'd mastered the four needles. I hadn't knitted with four before! I must admitte it was quite annoying when one kept dissapearing or else the cable needle kept hiding!

They look cosy don't they. They are suppose to be for Rebecca. She saw the lacy pattern but not this one so I'm not sure if she'll approve. These teenagers have quite strongly developed fashion tastes and us old 'fogys don't always get it right!

PS the site spell checker's not working at the moment so sorry for any misspellings!

1 comment:

Pants said...

Wow! Those fingerless gloves are awesome! Great colour! I can't believe you got such a good deal on Debbie Bliss -- I'm definitely bringing a spare suitcase for yarn next time we come over.

And look at your nails! Did you get new gels? They look great!

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...