Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Life of a Blanket

I was enjoying a well earned rest this afternoon (believe me I needed that rest, I'd forgotten how energetic and curious little ones are once they discover movement!) Anyway while young Nathan was recouping his energy during his afternoon nap it suddenly occurred to me that the little blanket I'd thrown over him had quite a history.

It was woven from shetland wool and bought way way back in 1965 from a craft fare when I was pregnant with my first son. My first born son is young Nathan's Grandpa. At that time it was a purchase that took much consideration as it wasn't cheap and we didn't have cash for luxuries.
It was a cot blanket and a pram blanket but in this photo it's thrown over the back of the sofa. Then two years later Number two son Darrin is pictured using it to keep him warm during an early spring holiday. Then later after another two years number three son, Jason, also benefitted from its warmth.
I'm sure it was used from time to time for Nathan's Mum and Uncle when they stayed with Nannie.
Quite remarkable, three generation later and the blanket is still useful, although it's sadly now, showing signs of old age.

1 comment:

Pants said...

I want to see this blanket when I'm there!

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...