Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Morning and I'm looking out of my office window at the snow whirling around outside. The central heating timer has needed to be overridden today to combat the cold. The open fire is great for the lounge but the rest of the house needs the extra heat today.
I decided to miss my swim this morning to let Dave take the car. It's easier than waiting around in the cold for a bus. He's taken his Canadian fur hat out of storage and routed out his long abandon 'long johns' from the back of a draw. That means its really cold!!!
It's been really quiet in the pool this week with so many staying home in the warm, so swimming has been a relaxing pleasure. The waters also seemed as warm as bath water. Maybe it's cos I was fairly cold when I plunged in. My swimming friend, Jan's off on a Caribbean cruise next week, on the newest ocean liner that more like a floating city. I wonder if I could stow away in her suit cases!


I suppose really we've been lucky here with the weather. Yes it's snowed and the temperatures are below freezing, the arctic winds blow colder, but we've escaped the awful blizzards that have snarled up other parts of the country. The schools have remained open this time. No ones been stranded over night and no power lines have come down. Fingers crossed it stays that way!!!
My meager Christmas decorations are down but still awaiting storage. The hall Christmas arrangement has made it as far as the half landing on the stairs where I actually quite like it. Sadly it must be stowed away soon as I've a big family celebration to get ready for by next Saturday.
My Mum will have reached her 90th year. Wow, I wonder If I'll get to that age and still be living independently and doing all my own shopping cooking and housework? Quite an achievement but her eldest brother is 95 and is also doing the same.

The youngest member of the family Little Nathan continues to grow and fascinate everyone with his cheerful smile and attitude. Can you see the family resemblance.... The ears!


No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...