Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The New Ovens Major Try Out

The new oven has been performing well so far. No disasters to report. It's a little smaller than the old oven, but, with only the two of us to cook, for it plenty big enough. The multifunction microwave will make up oven space if necessary.


This afternoon though I gave the oven it's first real test. I had a wedding cake to bake. Just two tiers of a fruit cake not my usual three. I realise now I would have to bake a three tier in two seperate baking sessions. Just as well I don't take on many commissions nowdays. Anyway it passed with flying colours. The cakes came out just fine and I breathed a sigh of relief.
The finishing touched needed in the new kitchen were completed last week end after a delay of four weeks. All the shiney toughened white glass panels are now inplace and looks fantastic. I'm so glad we resisted the vogue stainless steel panels and boring ceramic tiles.
Now for the bathroom..........................................
Watch this space.......................................

1 comment:

Pants said...

It looks fantastic! Kudos to the handyman! When can I come over to eat some cake?

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...