Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Gardeners deserve Pimms

For several years running we managed to leave the autumn garden tidy up too late and have finished up doing it when the weather is cold and miserable or even early in the next Spring, trying not to tread on newly emerging plants. This year we've decided that it gets tidied up early even though there may be a couple more weeks of summer colour left. Today was the perfect day, warm and sunny but not too hot. Dave's outside in shorts and tee shirt. I get lathered in barrier cream, a long sleeved shirt and gardening gloves. Not the ideal attire for a warm day but it helps to stop me getting allergic reactions from the plants I'll be cutting back.
By Mid afternoon and almost a full wheelie bin of chopped up green waste from the front garden I decided the mid afternoon cup of tea ritual was going to be replaced by a a well earned Pimms. Much nicer on a warm summers day.
The only draw back was no fruit to garnish it. Just this rather dried up lemon. Not quite right.
So who needs strawberries, orange mint and cucumber, not us. I can assure you it tasted just as good without.

Mmmmmmm.................................. so refreshing.

...........and not a allergic rash in sight.

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...