Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain

How does that Nursery rhyme go?
Doctor Foster went to Gloster
in a shower of rain.
He stepped in a puddle right up to his middle
and never went there again.

Is my skin colour a tan from open air swimming in the meager ration of sun we're getting or rust from all the rain we're having? Could be either!

I was manhandling a 15kg sack of dog food into the back of my car this afternoon when I stepped into a puddle only it wasn't a puddle it was an ankle deep water filled pothole in the car park. If the air wasn't already dark from the storm clouds my expletives would have turned it dark!Luckily I had a ppair of 'Crocks' post sandals on so the dirty gritty water drained straight out. Driving with wet trousers flapping about a cold wet foot wasn't too pleasant but it all dried out fairly quickly with the cars heater on full blast.

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...