Pages

Friday, November 30, 2007

I'm a winner but don't rush for the Champagne yet!

So what have I been doing since I got home. Well the answer is not a lot. My excuse was Jet Lag but really I've just been lazy. The tubs on the front garden need serious attention but I couldn't be bothered. Christmas is looming but I couldn't get to grips with making cards. I managed to half finish a dozen before I gave up. Swimming, well I managed two mornings but, then, not a full hours swim! I caught up with the gossip from my swimming friends though.

I did manage to sort out all poor Simba's paraphernalia and wash her sheep skin beds. I miss her. I keep looking at the door expecting her to be sitting waiting to be let in. There's no clumps of fluffy grey hair clinging to the carpet defying the suction of the vacuum cleaner. I'm going to send the stock of unopened cat food to the cat Protection League next week.

On Thursday I caught up with my friend Prue and we went out for lunch and had a good natter catching up with happenings of the last two months. She's now joined the ranks of 'Grandparent hood' with a new born grand daughter called Amy.

I collected my paintings from Prue's studio. They were the paintings I had displayed at the Peterborough Artists Open Studios. Open Studios lasted three weeks and the last week was when I left for Canada so she's been storing them for me. I spent a little time today rehanging and rearranging my art work on the walls at home. I've decided one painting in my bedroom has to go. I'm going to replace it with the three I'm working on at the moment. Then I'll paint over the one I'm going to take down.

I left my entry for the South Holland Arts exhibition before I went to Vancouver. It's not here so Sean must have posted it for me. We'll see in a couple of weeks time if any of the paintings I entered have been accepted. Last year none of mine were accepted the competition for entry is so great. The problem at the moment is I can't remember which paintings I entered!
OH yes I almost forgot I was so over whelmed! The title of this blog. Well I did dream right my lottery ticket I bought before we left for Canada won.
Don't get excited though it was just £2. We won't be buying that $11 house on Marine Drive in Vancouver just yet.

1 comment:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...