Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

I feel the urge to write.


I can't believe my last posting to this blog was back in December. I suppose because January and thus far in to February has been so awful. Hopefully as winter progresses into the spring of 2011 our lives will start to improve. I still find our lifestyle somewhat unsettling. With 'Himself' now retired and both of us at home I'm finding the lack of routine some what disquieting. January was so cold with ice and snow for several mornings I couldn't find the energy to get out early to deice the car ready to go for my morning swim. Then we had colds that terminated in prolonged irritating coughs. A flood in the bathroom and two family deaths plus other ongoing family dramas all added stress to the cold gloomy winter weather.

Now, though there are signs all over that spring is slowly emerging from the depth of the coldest winter for decades. Yellow catkins dangle from the road side shrubbery. Green shoots are beginning to show on the hawthorn bushes, The garden is covered with white once more , only this time it is from the dainty dangling bells of thousands of snowdrops. Little patches of colour from the blue, purple or sunny yellow crocuses are interspersed through the carpet of white. Daffodils are shooting up through the snow compacted earth. Their buds growing larger by the day, soon to be cheering us up with their nodding bright yellow trumpets.

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...