Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Monday


Well Easter 2010 has flown past almost unnoticed. The weather's been unremarkable. Cloud, sun, rain and a cold wind.
The 'egg eater in the high chair' (see facebook) came to see us yesterday to collect his Grand Children's eggs along with his grown up daughter who insisted that see wasn't too old for chocolate eggs! She did get her mini eggs after all, so she went home happy.
We went over to Tixover Care home this afternoon to see Sheila. It's her 80th Birthday today. The care in that Home must be good as She's still surviving three years after her devastating stroke. Especially after the PCT refused to fund any rehabilitation. Her deterioration is heart breaking to follow. I don't think she even recognise us now. I had such high hopes that the life in home would stimulate her and improve her condition but she seemed determined not to participate or cooperate and has slowly slipped into the vegetative state we see her in now days. I'm afraid I've been so tied up with my own life lately that I haven't been able to visit her as often as I use to.

Other new breaking. Gordon Brown will see the Queen in the morning to dissolve Parliament and the General Election will be May 6th. Great, so a month of political wrangling, backbiting and general 'political' churlish bad behaviour on the TV to look forward to. The Country's been subjected to months of the MP expenses scandal filling the newspapers and the television news casts that people are just so fed up with politicians in general and have no trust in them any more.

I've just watched the last Inspector Frost case. Probably about time 'cos I've been saying for the last year, he's too old to be a Copper. In fact all the characters in the Denton station are passed Police pension age by 10 to 15 years. Too old to be believable any more. At least he doesn't get killed off as the rumours said. Some one dies buy not the indestructible Jack Frost



No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...