Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Cold Winter Shock


I've just downloaded the January fuel bills and did some comparison with last year’s usage. Oh my goodness what a shock. The cold weather has played havoc with our fuel consumption and hoicked the bills up to toxic shock level.

Even taking into account the fact we were not here last December and only Dave was here in January last year they did not look any better. Then I compared the actual fuel prices and got another shock by how much they had risen

All our efforts to reduce our fuel usage seem to have been in vain. This is despite our new efficient gas boiler, up to date replacement electrical equipment and lighting the lounge fire and burning wood to save the daytime gas heating

I think I'll just have to turn off the conservatory heating and our orchids will have to take their chance on surviving the cold. If we have much more cold weather maybe we ought to do what many Seniors do and decamp to Spain for the winter!

Global warming………what global warming. We haven’t seen much of it during the last year!





1 comment:

John Vigna said...

This year it seems as though you got the snow we had last year. It's been so mild and generally sunny here this winter...does not feel like a place that is holding the Winter Olympic Games in a few days.

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...