Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What Happened to November?

Well it's almost Christmas once more and whoops there's been no posts since October. No inspiration. No news. No time.
OK so whats been happening here.
Peterborough council has suspended Cathedral square's so called improvements until the New Year. Completion date keeps getting pushed further into the future. The 1960's Post Office block behind St Johns church has been demolished to make space for more 'beautification' of the City centre. There's now talk of an open grassed area in it's place.
The City's Christmas decorations are still dire. The same old tat has been erected as the previous two years. Pretty enough at night when the lights are on but real awful in daylight. The Queensgate Mall has also erected the same decorations as last year but at least they are pretty and cheerful.
I've got the usual ideas mental block over buying Christmas presents. I think after 66 years Christmas preparation gets just a tad tedious. Just too much preparation and expensive for a couple of days. How do these people get the energy to erect thousands of lights all over their house exterior? What does it do to their energy bills? Should we be doing this when Global Warming is such an issue? Is Global Warming a myth? Am I becoming a GOW (grumpy old woman)

Maybe I'm just getting slower finding the Christmas spirit. At least I've got all my Christmas cards made. Now I have to start addressing envelopes and post before the last posting date passes. Oh joy!

No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...