Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Ramblings


The ramblings have been a bit hit and miss of late. I suppose it's cos my minds been so full of other stuff. The kitchens still not in shape. We've had a plasterer in this week. The ceilings been skimmed smooth, no more artex! and the wall are now beautifully smooth. We're waiting out the drying time perusing the paint colour catalogues. It's a good job I can now use the cooker, hob and dishwasher although I'm having to work these shiny new gadgets with the instruction booklets in my hand. I can't wait for it all to be finished and ship shape. It's been three long weeks now and I'm hoping another week and we'll be on top of it with a shiny new kitchen. The weathers broken today and we are having some much needed rain. I managed to get my planters in the front garden planted during the week. The permanent lavenders plants were about to flower and look really good with white geraniums or pelagoninums as they are now called. The beans have been planted in my miniature veg patch along with a couple of Gardeners Delight tomato plants. The strawberries are ripening well. The first one fell prey to the greedy birds. I ask you, I feed them all year round and they reward me by pinching my juicy strawberries!

All this week I have been going for my daily dip in the Lido. It's been lovely. Still a little chilly in the water 20 to 21 degrees. Actually warmer in the water than out most days! The sun on the water has been gorgeous though and my skin is taking on some colour already. You can definitely see where my cosssie sits on me. There's one great advantage though as the water is so nippy we swim and the jaw exercises wait until a reviving coffee in Sunday's.

1 comment:

Pants said...

Yay, pics! Are there no cabinets on the door-side of your kitchen? Or have they not been put up yet? Can't wait to see the whole 360 view!

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...