Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Chicargo

The Seven Dials area on the edge of Convent Garden, dates back to 1690 and has had a chequered history and deterioated to a dark slum. After considerable restoration and developement the area now has reemerged as a thriving bustling area. It's the area where seven roads converge and at it's centre is a column with seven sun dials on it's top. This coloumn is relative new as the ancient one was demolish some decades ago.

In one of the building between the converging roads is the Cambridge Theatre where the musical 'Chicago' is being performed. The lead at the moment is Suzanne Shaw.
After a early evening meal in an Aberdeen Angus Steak house we headed for the Theatre and took in the show. I had no pre knowledge of the story line of Chicago at all and was a little surprised by the sparse stage sets. Sumptuous it wasn't but the, singing and dancing certainly made up for it. Overall, I enjoyed it but I wouldn't say it was my most favourite stage show. Phantom takes allot of beating.




No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...