Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2018

The Stash Stack

My winter knitting was supposed to be about reducing my ever increasing yarn stash. It started well. I duly wound skeins of beautiful yarn unto neat manageable cakes of yarn. Then the dilemma began. I searched through my patterns I search Ravelary, I searched Patternfish. Frustration set in. So many garment I want to knit. The problem was I couldn't match what I wanted to knit with yarn I had. A couple of shawls later I was only two balls of stash  down. This wasn't working. 




Then a trip to the Oundle Farmers Market found me in the Oundle Yarn shop, Oundle in Stitches, http://www.oundleinstitches.co.uk  Just browsing though wasn't I? Er no! A big bag of Rico Essentials Cotton Glitze DK. Well it was almost half price. I couldn't leave it. Could I? So now what to do with it? A quick search online for crochet patterns and a root through the needle draw for long abandoned hooks. After a quick tutorial on the difference between UK and US crochet stitches and I was away. Soon the Lost in Time shawl was growing. I'd forgotten how much I use to love crocheting. 



Shawl finished and folded and stacked away. I dipped into the Deramores website. Bad move. Jacket pattern and yarn ordered.
Three different sizes of a jackets later ....

and two sizes of yet another jacket...Not sure if I'll ever reduce this Yarn stash. Still tryingthough!


No comments:

As Winter Turns to Spring

As Winter turns to Spring. Now — now, as low I stooped, thought I, I will see what this snowdrop is; As winters dark aura co...